I'M LIKING TRUCKS

I'M LIKING TRUCKS

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Finishing Up The Roadway Trio --- AMT's DOUBLE HEADER




This is one of those kits by AMT that I always wanted to build, and I thought it would look good with the MACK DM 600 Roadway truck.

One problem -- I knew this kit was a limited production kit, last done by STEVENS before AMT was acquired by ROUND 2 LLC. Also, where does one find 1/25 scale ROADWAY trailer markings in decal form?

The first problem was a fairly easy internet search that came up with three sites that "said" this kit was available. Of course you start with the cheapest offering and place an order -- thought all was going well until the order was canceled because the item was no longer in stock and the online store didn't know if they could still get it.

So, onto the next cheapest offering. Only this time I placed a call to check to see if what the site showed as available actually was. You can guess the answer.

Onto the third offering, called, left a message, and was called back --- HOO RAY -- they had it and it shipped out today!!! OF COURSE THIS WAS ACTUALLY THE FIRST PLACE I HAD FOUND THIS KIT AT!!!

That was one problem solved -- NOW PART 2, THE DECALS

HO scale only ---

I do not have the means to make my own, so I am currently using cutouts printed on paper from the blow ups of the HO scale -- NOT SURE ABOUT THIS!!

SO, does anyone have a better suggestion???? The ROADWAY lettering for the trailer sides nearly takes up a standard 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. I have sized the decals and they are in jpg format.

HELP!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well.. that is great.. If you already got the kit, you can start work accordingly. The trucking experts and with designing concerns are many more related to net, you can consult them as well to have an expert advice and lol all the best for finishing up the roadway trio.

    ReplyDelete

If posting as anonymous, PLEASE send me an e-mail so I can get back to you.