I'M LIKING TRUCKS

I'M LIKING TRUCKS

Saturday, November 20, 2010

1930 MACK AFM PROTOTYPE COE

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Recently, I received a copy of John B. Montville's "BULLDOG" copyright 1979. Absolutely a must have for the BULLDOG AC lover. My dilemma is that I have become obsessed with 2 photo's found on page 118 of this book and posted here. These two picture show a rather modernistic looking COE, chain - driven truck obviously built using a BULLDOG chassis. Presumably,this truck was built in the MACK LONG ISLAND CITY PLANT and designated the "AFM" pehaps after the initials of MACKS chief designer at the time, A.F. Maury. Note that the cab design is like that of a huge BULLDOG hood, and the radiator cover resembles that of a MACK AC.

My problem is this. I have contacted the MACK MUSEUM in ALLENTOWN, and they have  no pictures of this truck other than those from the book  - although they do have a file. I am wondering if more pictures exist, and how Montville acquired these. What happened to this vehicle?

I am also attaching a list of contributors to Montville's book in hopes that someone in this forum might recognize a name -- yes I remember that the book was written back in the 70's, and that some of these guys were "OLD TIMERS" back then.

Simply put -- more info please if it is out there!!! THIS IS A FANTASTIC AND INNOVATIVE TRUCK!!!!


LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS --

E.A. Hanauer --- former MACK engineer

Jack Winchester --- former fleet supervisor and early associate of A.F. Masuary

Henry Miller --- Mack executive engineer, retired































reply to my email -----

No comments:

Post a Comment

If posting as anonymous, PLEASE send me an e-mail so I can get back to you.